This past weekend, Ryan and I went to Las Vegas to celebrate his best friend's 30th Birthday (and a little Valentine's Day celebration too). It was so nice to get out of the cold weather and enjoy some Vegas sunshine! We headed down on Thursday night and spent Friday in St. George with Ryan's family. We visited his Grandpa Olin and also Grandma and Grandpa Williams. It's always fun to visit them and hear their stories. We both lucked out with awesome families. Friday we also went to a few homes in the St. George Parade of Homes. As awesome as it is to see the beautiful homes, it just makes you want to design your own and make it beautiful and custom like that. Someday! Ryan and I would both love to retire to St. George someday. He can golf every day while I go to the pool. Perfect.
 |
| We cleaned up at the outlets |
On Friday night, I headed to Vegas with my hot Valentine. Apparently, everyone else in Nevada decided to go to the Vegas strip for their hot date too, because it was packed! We checked into our hotel and then met up with our friends for dinner. It's funny to me that about a year ago, we came to Vegas together with our friends Jamie & Dylan. While we were there, I kept joking with Ryan that we should go to one of the wedding chapels. And now, less than a year later, we're already married!
On Saturday, we slept in and then hit the Outlets. It's hard to believe, but Ryan loves shopping as much (or more) than I do. My first time at the outlets in Vegas was a success. We found some great deals and I got a few beach items for our Mexico trip that's coming up. Saturday night we went to the Knights at the Roundtable dinner show at the Excalibur. Ryan was in Heaven, he was like a little kid at Christmas. It was a fun show, with Medieval Knights riding horses, while sword fighting and jousting. They fed us a whole chicken with potatoes and a biscuit, with no silverware. Apparently back in the day everyone ate with their hands. It was a really fun show. I imagine we'll be taking our nerdy kids there someday too.
Sunday was sunny and awesome. We met up with our friends at the pool and spent most of the day soaking up some rays. It was a nice recharge to my drained sun battery. Jeff and Brad came from St. George to hang out with us too, which was fun. The highlight of the trip for me was the Micheal Jackson One show on Sunday night. It's packed with Micheal Jackson music, amazing dancers with a little touch of Cirque de Soleil acrobatics. Amazing. It was an awesome show, and a great tribute to "Grandma's Michael", as I used to call him. I'd love to be able to take my Grandma Fran someday to see the show, she loves loves Michael Jackson.
Monday, we packed up and hit the road for the dreaded long-drive home. I hate being in the car longer than like 15 minutes. But, Ryan and I had fun jammin' out to Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys and our other early 2000's music. I sure love him.
Anyhoo, it was a much needed quick trip to the sunshine. We had a lot of fun, and as always, I loved spending time with my handsome hubby.
 |
| Watching the Bellagio fountains..Ryan's fav |
 |
| The Knights at the Roundtable show |
 |
| Our friends |
 |
| After the Show |
 |
| The shark pool on Fremont Street |
 |
| Brother love |
 |
| Loving the sunshine at the pool |
 |
| Blackmail. |
 |
| After the the Micheal Jackson show |
 |
| Our group |
No comments:
Post a Comment