Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bob the Builder



You can call him Bob the Builder. My Bob the Builder that is...

Ryan and I have started to do a little building. I am a bit of a blog junkie, and I follow a Blog called Shanty 2 Chic that has so many fun DIY woodworking projects I have been wanting to try. She makes them dummy proof, by giving you step-by-step tutorials for all of her creations. 

So for Christmas and my birthday, my parents spoiled us with a new saw and a really cool gadget called the Kreg Jig. All I know is that lots of people recommend it, and so far it has made our projects a breeze. With the help of my hot handy man husband, our new saw and Kreg jig, we built a fun frame for the mirror in one of our bathrooms. It was a really simple project. It literally took us 10 minutes to put together once we fixed my measurement screw up. I am not allowed to use the saw considering my track record with knives in the kitchen, but Ryan is really good at using it. We have a bunch of fun projects we want to try. We are starting small and quickly getting into some larger projects. 

When Ryan and I were dating, he told me he wasn't much of a "handy" man. But since we've been married, I have been so impressed with his willingness to try. He has become quite the little fixer handy man. And he seems to enjoy our little projects too. 

The saw I'm not allowed to use

Our first project with our new tools

Ta-Da! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS