Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Be Grateful for the Journey



“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” 

~Marjorie Pay Hinckley


I love this quote. Not only is Marjorie Hinckley the cutest lady and such a great example, but what she has to say is such a good reminder of what's really important. Since Ryan and I have been married, I feel like the daily hustle and bustle of life often gets overwhelming and I feel inadequate. I worry about the house being clean and decorated cute, having dinner ready every night, making sure we're saying our prayers, working out, etc, etc. It seems there are so many things to do and so little time. It is easy to focus on what I'm not doing rather than what I am doing. I have this mental picture in my mind of what a good wife is and does, and I know have a long ways to go. That's why I love this quote so much. It's such a good reminder to not get caught up in the little things that really don't matter, but to focus on what's important. When I focus on the things I am doing right, I am so much happier than when I focus on the things I am not doing. And when I stop worrying about the things that really don't matter that much, I have more time to focus on what IS important. What is important is my relationship with my amazing husband and our families. It's the little things in life that make it so great. Life seems to get busier and more stressful, but as long as I stay close to Heavenly Father and remember what's important to him, I know I'll be able to be happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS