I can still remember when my little sister Charlee was just a little tom boy running around and showing up all of the neighbor boys on a skateboard and throwing a football. Now Poof...she's a beautiful young lady all grown up and headed to college. I am so excited that she decided to go to Snow. Ryan teases me that I am vicariously living through Charlee and getting way too excited for her to go to Snow than I should be. I have some awesome memories of Snow College and I hope has a great experience there too. Last Friday, my mom and I helped her pack up the car and drove her down to my favorite little town of Ephraim to send her off to the next chapter of her life. My awesome Grandma snuck into her apartment at Snow Gardens and left flowers on the table and a cute package to welcome her to college before we got there. She is so so lucky to have our Grandparents and other family so close! Friday night we all stayed up until 1am helping her unpack and get her room decorated. We met some of the Ambassadors (who thought I was the one starting college...I'm flattered) and it brought back some fun memories of my Snow College years. We had a fun weekend helping her get settled in and spending time with the family, but leaving was so much harder than I expected. It was so weird to leave my baby sister at her college apartment knowing that she's on her own now. It will be so weird to not have her so close to home. I will definitely miss her, but I know she is going to have so much fun! I am so proud of her and am so excited for her to experience college. Now that I'm a member of the Snow College Alumni Board, I'll have another good excuse to go down and check up on her. Love you Char and miss you already!
| Char decorating her room |
| The bathroom she's sharing with her friends Kenzi and Kelsey |
| Her pretty flowers from Granny |
| I don't miss small college closets |
| Char in her cute new room |
| My favorite ladies |
| Andrea, Mal and Kenz |
| Our college girl and her new room |
P.S. I remember when I left for college, I drove away in my Jeep so excited to start my new adventure as my mom and cousin Amy stood in my driveway crying. I didn't get it then, but now I do. This time it was Char driving away while my Mom and I stood there and cried.
No comments:
Post a Comment