I saw a really cool fireplace when I went to the Parade of Homes with my mom-in-law and sis-in-law, so of course I took pictures and was so excited to show Ryan the idea. He liked it too, so we decided to take off the tile around our fireplace and put up wood paneling. Sounds pretty simple, right?! WRONG! We thought it would just take us a couple hours. WRONG AGAIN! Our few hour project turned into ripping out drywall, re-wiring, putting up new drywall, tiling, putting up paneling, building a mantle, etc. It took us over a week, and a lot lot lot of patience. My awesome parents were there to help us every step of the way since Ryan and I are still newbies at this whole handy business. It was a lot bigger project than anticipated, but I am so happy with the way it turned out. The fireplace is now the focal point of the room, and of course I am excited to have a mantle to decorate for the holidays.
Here are some pictures of the renovation process...
No comments:
Post a Comment