Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2015

A Day for Mother's


Mother's Day this year was extra special-- not only did I get spoiled as a Mother-to-Be, but I was able to more fully appreciate the role of Mothers. It's crazy how from the moment I found out I was pregnant, my mind is now consumed with this little girl. I worry about everything now-- if I don't feel her kick for a day, if what I eat could harm her, if the things we buy for her are safe, how I'll protect her from the evils of the world.... the list could go on and on. It's crazy how much I love her already and I haven't even met her.

Being pregnant has helped me to truly appreciate Mother's and what they go through for their children. My mom was in the hospital 8 times before I was born and lost over 30 pounds during her pregnancy because she was so sick. My mom always says... "I remember the day that you were born". And I have always thought that was impossible. But not anymore... I realize now what she means. I imagine the day our little baby girl joins our family will be a day I will never ever forget. In fact, it's so momentous that I've been waiting, planning and counting down for it my whole life.
I have an amazing Mom and many other wonderful "other mother's" in my life that have set such great examples for me to follow. I hope that I can be as amazing as they are someday. My mom is ALWAYS, always serving others and always makes sure everyone is taken care of. She is so talented and driven and puts 110% into everything she does. Growing up, I was always excited to come home from school each day and tell my mom about everything that happened at school. We developed an amazing friendship that we still have to this day. I hope that I can be an amazing Mom to my kids as my Mom has been for me. I am sure I'll be calling her daily asking questions on what to do when my little girl arrives. I can't imagine not having my mom there as this adventure of parenthood unfolds! Thanks Mom for all that you do. I love you!

Ryan surprised me with a really nice "First Mother's Day" present. I have been looking for a rocker/glider for the nursery for a while now, and he found a really nice recliner that rocks too. I'm so excited to sit in it and rock my sweet baby girl to sleep. I have a feeling that I'll be sleeping in it lots too when I'm up at 3am with her. But it's really comfy AND it has a USB port in it, so I can charge my phone or whatever I need while I'm chilling in my new chair. Leave it to Ryan to buy something with some cool technological feature.

My new rocker recliner

The sign he made (with the help of his Mom)

And I'm officially 25 weeks along now. Baby girl is getting big! Here's my big belly pic.

25 weeks along.. in my comfy pants

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS