Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Hinton Family Vacation

Last week was the annual Hinton family trip to San Clemente, California. Now that I'm officially part of the family, I got to join them. Natalie and her husband, Ryan, had a little deer trouble on the way down, but one dead deer and a dead car later, we all made it to California in one piece. We stayed at the San Clemente Inn, near the San Clemente State Beach. It was a long night of travel, so we spent most of Saturday hanging out waiting to be able to check into our rooms, and then we went on a beach stroll after the sunset. 






On Sunday, we went to the VIC skim-board competiton that EOS sponsored at Laguna Beach. It was fun to watch the amazing skim-boarders and hang out at the beach. 












On Monday, we spent the day at the beach. We had a lot of fun building sandcastles and swimming. The ocean ate Ryan's GoPro, but it was a good excuse for him to get a new one. :)




Tuesday we ventured North to Knott's Berry Farm. We had fun on the rides and tried our best not to barf. 

Wednesday was Ryan's 30th Birthday! I took him out for breakfast in downtown San Clemente and then took him golfing, his favorite. I just rode along and enjoyed the view. After golfing, we did a little shopping and then went to downtown Dana Point and walked around a bit. When we got back to the hotel, the family had decorated the room for Ryan's birthday. We went and got pizza and took it down to the pier to eat and walk around. I'm glad I got to spend the whole day with Ryan on his birthday!



















Thursday, we tried to drive to San Diego, but after too much traffic and car-sickness, we turned around and hit the beach instead. I can never have too many beach days! That night we went to the beach to take pics and play around with my new camera (Ryan bought me a DSLR!).





















Friday was the 4th of July, one of my favorite holidays. Even though it was different not being at the Riverton Town Days celebration with my family, it was nice to be able to spend the day at the beach! The beach was packed. Like, I've never seen a beach so crowded before ever. But we still had a lot of fun and soaked up lots of sunshine! We also hit the pool and got ready before heading back down to the beach that night for fireworks. I will say fireworks at the beach is pretty awesome. Happy Birthday America! 































I would chalk it up as a successful vacation. It was fun being able to get away and get to spend some time with Ryan's awesome family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS