Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Hammer Time

I am starting to run out of catchy post titles for my building projects since there have been so many lately. I know looking at pics of projects around the house may be boring to everyone else, but I like documenting my progress, and what better place to do it than on my blog? 

I have completed a few more house projects lately, and of course I still have a huge list of projects waiting to be completed. Thanks, HGTV and Pinterest.

My favorite project to date is the bench in our front entryway. It turned out to be a much bigger project than we anticipated, but I love how it turned out. My Dad and Ryan spent almost an entire Saturday measuring and re-measuring and cutting to make it all fit. Poor guys, I am lucky to have them! Then once they finally got the bench figured out, they hung the shelf I had already made and then I got to work on the board and batten and painting. It turned out so cute and feels like it was meant to be in that little corner. I am going to make a cute seat cushion for it eventually, with the help of my Grams. 

Ta-Da! All done
Painting..notice my awesome painting clothes
Almost done

The last project I completed was the spice rack on the back of my pantry door. I have had plans to make this since I built the foil holder, but just got around to making it. It was a quick and easy build, and I love that it freed up a drawer in my kitchen. And I am proud to say that I made this one entirely by myself.

My new spice rack

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS