It's November...Tis' the Season to be thankful. I have heard so many times from so many people that focusing on being thankful for what you have helps you to be a more humble and positive person. I have experienced the reality of this in my own life many times. With all the busy-ness associated with getting married, I feel like its been too long since I've actually written down all of the many things I am thankful for, but that doesn't mean I haven't thought about it. I am still overwhelmed with the support and love Ryan and I received at our wedding. From so many people volunteering to help, to all the friends and family that came to celebrate with us on our wedding day, and I can't forget our amazing parents that put so much time (and $$) into making it the perfect day. Gosh, it's hard not to feel overwhelmed with gratitude.
There are SO many things I am thankful for. I could write for days about everything, there's that much. But I feel overwhelmingly thankful for a few things in particular today...
#1 My Husband Ryan
I have so many things to say about this handsome guy. Let's just say God knew exactly what I needed, and (after patiently waiting), put him in my life 11 months ago. Ryan is my best friend and definitely my better half. It has been so cool to see my love for him grow stronger every day. He is so patient and easy going, the perfect balance for me-the most impatient person in the world. He is always focusing on the positive...what an amazing quality to have. He helps me to focus on the positive side of every situation and not let things get me down. He is one of the kindest people I have ever known. He is always thinking of others and what he can do to help them. That is one of the very first qualities I noticed in Ryan, he is constantly serving others. He is smart and goal-oriented, which helps him to be successful in all that he does. I have learned SO much from him in the time that we have been together. He really does help bring out the best in people, and I am so lucky to have such a great man by my side every day to help me to be at my best. Even though we are very different, we compliment each other so well. We have so much fun together and I have really enjoyed the 36 days that we have been married. I am so excited for the many adventures and years to come with him. Sometimes I wonder how I deserved to be blessed with such an amazing man. I thank Heavenly Father every day for saving him for me!
#2 God's Plan
I have always been a planner. Sometimes I even make plans to make plans. I always had a plan of how my life would go. And there have been times in my life that I thought I knew exactly what I needed at that particular time and how it fit into my life plan. I would pray to Heavenly Father to grant me my "wish" or to let my plan play out the way I thought it should.
Today I am especially thankful that Heavenly Father has a plan of his own for each of us. I am so thankful that he knows me and what I need better than I do. Heavenly Father heard my many many prayers asking to find the man of my dreams or to make a relationship work. Many times I felt disappointed or angry that it didn't work out the way I thought it should. But all that time, he wasn't ignoring me at all; he was actually preparing me and humbling me so that I would be ready for the blessings and plan that he had for me. I know that it wasn't a coincidence that Ryan and I met when we did. Heavenly Father carefully placed us in each other's lives exactly when we were ready. I look back on the last few years of my life, and it's overwhelming to see how much God had a hand in everything that has happened. I can see how much better his plan is than the one I had for myself. I am so very thankful that he was patient with my impatience and let me learn what I needed to. My plan was not to get married when I was 27, I wanted to be married much earlier. But I can't express how thankful I am that I did wait 'til I was 27, so that I could meet Ryan. He is the perfect man for me and I couldn't be more thankful. Anytime I get impatient and feel like God isn't making my plan go the way I think it should, I remind myself that there is a reason for EVERYTHING he does and doesn't do. Just trust him, and you will be happy in the end.
“The simple secret is this: put your trust in the Lord, do your best, then leave the rest to Him.”
That quote is by Joseph B. Wirthlin from one of my all time favorite conference talks, "Come What May and Love It" by Joseph B. Wirthlin. It's a great one. You can read it here: http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/come-what-may-and-love-it
#2 God's Plan
I have always been a planner. Sometimes I even make plans to make plans. I always had a plan of how my life would go. And there have been times in my life that I thought I knew exactly what I needed at that particular time and how it fit into my life plan. I would pray to Heavenly Father to grant me my "wish" or to let my plan play out the way I thought it should.
Today I am especially thankful that Heavenly Father has a plan of his own for each of us. I am so thankful that he knows me and what I need better than I do. Heavenly Father heard my many many prayers asking to find the man of my dreams or to make a relationship work. Many times I felt disappointed or angry that it didn't work out the way I thought it should. But all that time, he wasn't ignoring me at all; he was actually preparing me and humbling me so that I would be ready for the blessings and plan that he had for me. I know that it wasn't a coincidence that Ryan and I met when we did. Heavenly Father carefully placed us in each other's lives exactly when we were ready. I look back on the last few years of my life, and it's overwhelming to see how much God had a hand in everything that has happened. I can see how much better his plan is than the one I had for myself. I am so very thankful that he was patient with my impatience and let me learn what I needed to. My plan was not to get married when I was 27, I wanted to be married much earlier. But I can't express how thankful I am that I did wait 'til I was 27, so that I could meet Ryan. He is the perfect man for me and I couldn't be more thankful. Anytime I get impatient and feel like God isn't making my plan go the way I think it should, I remind myself that there is a reason for EVERYTHING he does and doesn't do. Just trust him, and you will be happy in the end.
“The simple secret is this: put your trust in the Lord, do your best, then leave the rest to Him.”
That quote is by Joseph B. Wirthlin from one of my all time favorite conference talks, "Come What May and Love It" by Joseph B. Wirthlin. It's a great one. You can read it here: http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/come-what-may-and-love-it


No comments:
Post a Comment